The Canadian Electricity Association (CEA) is dedicated to contributing to the success of its members through the delivery of a strong advocacy program and value-added services. By providing a clear, focused and coherent voice in Ottawa and Washington, CEA ensures that the interests and needs of its members have a significant impact on policy and regulatory developments.
Based on extensive consultations with the leaders of CEA’s member companies, the Association’s strategic goals provide a comprehensive road map to addressing the industry’s most pressing issues. Six main priority areas present the framework for CEA’s objectives moving forward: Infrastructure, energy efficiency, technology, regulation, environment and security.
The ability to build needed electricity infrastructure, to meet growing demand and replace aging assets is key to the economic prosperity of Canada.
- CEA works to overcome the barriers to timely investment in infrastructure, including siting, rates of return, community acceptance, and public understanding of need.
2. Energy Efficiency
- CEA and its member companies adopt a leadership role in providing energy efficiency information and programs; CEA works with government and stakeholders in support of energy efficiency and seeks to achieve greater understanding among regulators of the business case for energy efficiency.
- CEA advocates and catalyzes a strong market based framework (including tax and financial incentives and regulatory reform) that will advance investment in commercial (BATEA) technologies that better serve customer needs and meet expectations for sustainability.
- CEA seeks more coordinated, effective and efficient regulatory regimes within and between governments, and more timely decisions to provide greater certainty for customers and shareholders.
- CEA seeks a holistic approach and greater regulatory coherence on environmental issues, in a manner that is results focused and preserves the widest range of options in a sustainable manner.
- CEA takes a risk-based all-hazards approach and provides members with coordination and programs to protect the Canadian electricity system from physical and cyber threats.
|CEA Government Relations Contact
VP, Public Affairs
613 688 2960
- The North American Grid - Powering Cooperation on Clean Energy & the Environment NEW!
- Adapting to Climate Change - State of Play and Recommendations for the Electricity Sector in Canada
- Taking Action on Climate Change: An Electricity Sector Perspective
- The Importance and Benefits of Standards in the Electric Utility Industry
- Sustainable Electricity 2015 Annual Report: Delivering Value to Canadians
- Electric Utility Innovation Toward Vision 2050
- Achieving Excellence in Health and Safety
- Engaged for a Sustainable Future: 2014 Sustainable Electricity Annual Report
- Vision 2050: The Future of Canada's Electricity System
Click here for a full list of our publications